Monday, January 5, 2015

Wisdom from my mother

My parents' guest room is also my mom's office.  And while we were staying there over Christmas break, I noticed that her entire bulletin board was covered with words of wisdom that she had collected over the years.  I thought they were too good not to share.  I especially need to remember some of these as I go back to work and have to deal with teenagers and... coworkers!

Feel free to copy or print for your own bulletin board or refrigerator!  I decided to leave these in my mom's handwriting, because I like it, but I've also included printable versions at the bottom of the post.



3 Choices in Life!
Give up
Give in
or
Give it all you've got.


3 Things You Can't Recover:
The moment after it's missed
The word after it's said
The time after it's wasted



"Encouragement is the oxygen of the soul" (John Maxwell)
So encourage someone today!




Phil. 4:8
Be anxious for nothing
Be prayerful in everything
Be thankful with anything
(paraphrase)


Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little,
has its stages of drudgery
and triumph.


Before you speak, THINK!
T - is it True?
H - is it Helpful?
I - is it Inspiring?
N - is it Necessary?
K - is it Kind?


"You are never too old to set another goal
or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis


And, well, why not?


Grout Cleaner
7 cups water
1/2 cup baking soda
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup vinegar
Throw in a spray bottle, spray floor, let sit for a minute, then scrub
(I think this would also be a good household cleaner in general, especially for the sink and counters)

Printables (Click to view bigger size, then right click and download):




So, which piece of advice is your favorite?  Do you have any other tidbits you'd like to share?  I'd love to hear!

XOXO,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow