Tuesday, July 22, 2014

5 Tips for Moving to Brazil

Link

I plan on writing an individual post for each of these topics, but in the meantime, here are my top 5 tips for moving to Brazil.

1.  Take care of as much visa stuff as possible before you move.
My experience with getting a visa in country was a nightmare.

Link



2.  When learning the language, be sure to learn the pronunciation first!

Commonly mistaken words


3.  Bring as much as possible - everything there is very expensive.
Two to three times as expensive as in the U.S.  Bring it all yourself! (Especially electronics)

4.  Don't just stick with people from your own country - become friends with Brazilians, ex-pats from other countries, etc.
Brazilians are the most open and friendly people I've ever met.  I also became friends with people from England, Bolivia, Nigeria, and more.

5.  Have lots of adventures!
Most of mine are listed here.

Link

Link

Link

Link


Travel Tuesday


Like I said above, I do plan on writing more about each of these topics, but I just haven't had time yet.  Today Peter and I are off to celebrate our anniversary... better late than never, right?

XOXO,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow