Thursday, April 17, 2014

Petropolis, Brazil - The Cathedral


Well now I'm finally sharing the photos of the cathedral.  Don't blame me - I kept asking Peter for them, but he was super busy.

This cathedral isn't as grand as most of the cathedrals in Europe, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.  And it's in Brazil...





















trying to be artistic...

I loved the layers of triangles, circles, and squares


The cathedral is, obviously, very beautiful, and we were grateful that something was open for exploration that day (we went on Ash Wednesday, not realizing it's considered a holiday in Brazil and literally everything was closed, even restaurants, except for the Catholic church, of course).

We can't wait to go back to Petropolis and look around at all the other historically cool buildings, museums, homes, gardens, etc.


Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow